Hakuna Matata Explore Tour
Tour 4 Days 3 Nights
DAY 1: ARRIVAL – JOURNEY TO THE AMAZON RAINFOREST – LEISURE OR OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES (D)
Within 3 hours from Quito, you will arrive in our exclusive Lodge. During your drive, you will notice how the vegetation changes from the landscape of the Andes into the rainforest. After passing the gate to the Amazon Rainforest you will be in a mountain jungle paradise – Hakuna Matata is your private hideaway in the tropical forest. During your trip, you came closer to sea level by about 7,200 feet and are located on about 2,000 feet now. There are different options to reach our Lodge, you can take a public bus or order a private transfer. Taking the last one, you will have the option to stop at the hot springs of Papallacta to relax in these famous thermal waters (optional, entrance fee not included).
If you decide to skip the rest in the hot waters and arrive early in our jungle paradise you can add a tour by foot or by the horse in the afternoon to your free day. In case you decide on horseback riding you will choose one of the hotel owned horses and take a tour through the forest and rivers. If you rather take a walk you can explore the area on different hiking paths.
Your guide will explain the flora and fauna and share ancestral information about plants that are used for medical reasons. However, you can also participate in our chocolate tour (all tours are optional, please let us know if you want to add this tour to your program when booking). Spot!
Relax in the lodge
If you arrive in the afternoon at the lodge or just want to spend the day without a program, enjoying our lodge, go right ahead – the adventure can start now! You can begin exploring our 300-acre private reserve where you will find a private white sand beach by the Inchillaqui River, a tropical garden, a protected forest which belongs to the Lodge and a palm-shaped pool which has a length of 88 feet and is 72 feet wide – only mosquitoes will be hard to avoid.
In the evening you will enjoy a delicious 3-course gourmet meal in an exclusive atmosphere surrounded by the sounds of the jungle.
DAY 2: CANOE TOUR – PARROT CLAY LICK – BREAKFAST IN AN INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY – JUNGLE WALK – MONKEYS AT
Jatun Sacha Reserve
gun.About 1.5 hours later you will be back in your canoe to get to the car which drives you to the little town Misahualli where you will eat a typical “almuerzo” – lunch – before you can take a walk to the beach to be greeted by many capuchin monkeys. At around 3 pm you will be back at the Lodge to take pleasure in relaxing at the pool or in a hammock with a cocktail or keep on exploring the area. In the evening another 3-course meal is waiting for you which you can enjoy in the special atmosphere of the jungle.
DAY 3 OR 4 (DAY OF DEPARTURE): LEISURE – OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES AT THE LODGE – DEPARTURE (B)
have two options, either you go back on the same road to Quito or you drive back to the Andes on an alternative route to the quaint town of Baños to keep on traveling from there.
DAY 3 (AS EXTENSION): RAFTING TOUR THROUGH THE JUNGLE (B/L/D)
After taking pleasure in a rich and flavorful breakfast again you will have the strength you need for this day full of adrenalin. You will enjoy wild water rafting on the Jatunyacu River. On this 15.5 miles route with a level of 3 / 3+ you, as a beginner or advanced rafter, will enjoy the ride. Given that you will be introduced to paddling, behavior on board and safety instructions by a professional team, there is no previous knowledge needed. In the language of the
Quichuas the name of the river means “big water” which indicates the waves and rapids that will bring us a jubilant day! But don’t worry, there will be time for recovery in the natural pools and throughout your journey, you can enjoy the landscape of the jungle – on clear days you might even see the mountainous landscape of the Andes.
If you desire a little bit more tranquility it is possible to ride on the Anzu River which offers a level 2 / 3 of rafting – ideal for families with kids. On both tours, you will have a break to enjoy your lunch on the waterfront in form of a picnic. Afterward, you will hit the water again and drive to your ultimate destination Puerto Napo.
After being back in the lodge you will enjoy a 3 course mean in a special atmosphere again.
THE PRICE INCLUDES
- Accommodation in chosen room category (Cabañas, Lodge, Supreme)
- Local, Spanish speaking field guide
- Activities mentioned in the program
- Entrance fees for activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals (starting with dinner on the day of arrival until breakfast on the day of departure)
- Use of all lodge facilities, including swimming pool, beach area, hiking trails
- Rubber boots up to size 12 (UK) / 14 (US – men)
- Internationally certified rafting guide, bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Quality equipment (paddles, helmets, life jackets, spray jackets)
- Transportation between starting /end point of the rafting and the Lodge with a vehicle
- Lunch (picnic), including water and soft drinks
- SPOT Satellite Messenger for emergencies
- Kayak for safety
- First aid kit
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Transport from/to Quito or from/to Baños (following prices are for one way tickets)
- Private transportation with stopover – about 2 hours – in Papallacta
1-3 persons: 120 US$ per vehicle
4-6 persons: 150 US$ per vehicle
- -Private transportation without stopover
* 1-3 persons: 90 US$ per vehicle
* 4-6 persons: 120 US$ per vehicle
- Public bus (approx. 6-8 US$ per person), additionally the costs for the cab drive from Archidona to the Lodge (approx. 5 US$ per cab)
Lunch on the day of arrival and day of departure in the Lodge (approx. 15 US$ per person)
All activities which are not mentioned or are optional
*Entrance fee hot spring of Papallacta (8 US$ per person)
*Guided walk through the private Rainforest Reserve (20 US$ per group)
*Horseback riding through the Jungle (27 US$ per person)
* Chocolate Tour (20 US$ per group)
- Drinks and meals that are not mentioned
- Personal spending and tip
- Passport and copies
- Personal medications
- Sun hat
- Camera equipment (including memory card, cables and batteries)
- Fast drying clothes (Shirts and shorts; for the evenings and mornings you need light colored long-sleeved clothing)
- Lightweight raincoat
- Rubber boots (up to size 12 (UK) / 14 (US – men) are in the lodge available)
- Fitting socks for rubber boots
- Sturdy footgear
- Sandals / flip-flops / crocs
In addition for the excurtions
- Nature colored (green, brown, beige), light cloth
- Small towel and shirt to change
- Plastic bags to protect cameras, binoculars
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Binoculars for bird watching
- Loose change (in small shops it’s only possible to pay with up to 5 dollar bills)