Hakuna Matata Explore Tour
Tour 4 Days 3 Nights
DAY 1: ARRIVAL – JOURNEY TO THE AMAZON RAINFOREST
Within 3 hours from Quito, you will arrive in our exclusive Lodge. During your drive, you will notice how the vegetation changes from the landscape of the Andes into the rainforest. After passing the gate to the Amazon Rainforest you will be in a mountain jungle paradise – Hakuna Matata is your private hideaway in the tropical forest. During your trip, you came closer to sea level by about 7,200 feet and are located on about 2,000 feet now. There are different options to reach our Lodge, you can take a public bus or order a private transfer. Taking the last one, you will have the option to stop at the hot springs of Papallacta to relax in these famous thermal waters (optional, entrance fee not included).
If you decide to skip the rest in the hot waters and arrive early in our jungle paradise you can add a tour by foot or by the horse in the afternoon to your free day. In case you decide on horseback riding you will choose one of the hotel owned horses and take a tour through the forest and rivers. If you rather take a walk you can explore the area on different hiking paths.
Your guide will explain the flora and fauna and share ancestral information about plants that are used for medical reasons. However, you can also participate in our chocolate tour (all tours are optional, please let us know if you want to add this tour to your program when booking). Spot!
DAY 2: CANOE TOUR – PARROT CLAY LICK – BREAKFAST IN AN INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY – JUNGLE WALK – MONKEYS AT
Jatun Sacha Reserve
gun.About 1.5 hours later you will be back in your canoe to get to the car which drives you to the little town Misahualli where you will eat a typical “almuerzo” – lunch – before you can take a walk to the beach to be greeted by many capuchin monkeys. At around 3 pm you will be back at the Lodge to take pleasure in relaxing at the pool or in a hammock with a cocktail or keep on exploring the area. In the evening another 3-course meal is waiting for you which you can enjoy in the special atmosphere of the jungle.
DAY 3: LEISURE – OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES AT THE LODGE
Today is your day! You can choose any activity that you prefer at the lodge. Horseback riding, taking a walk in the Amazon, chocolate tour, a day of rafting, or maybe just taking a free day to rest and enjoy in the swimming pool.
The most famous activity is the chocolate tour. There, you will learn to produce chocolate from the bean to the bar, starting with the pure fruit, the cocoa beans and ending up with the brown gold. You could also use your time differently and relax at the pool, in a hammock or just keep exploring the area.
After taking pleasure in a rich and flavorful breakfast, you can enjoy the last moments in the lodge. After that, comes the chack out.
You have two options, either you go back on the same road to Quito or you drive back to the Andes on an alternative route to the quaint town of Baños to keep on traveling from there.
THE PRICE INCLUDES
- Accommodation in chosen room category (Cabañas, Lodge, Supreme)
- Local, Spanish speaking field guide
- Activities mentioned in the program
- Entrance fees for activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals (starting with dinner on the day of arrival until breakfast on the day of departure)
- Use of all lodge facilities, including swimming pool, beach area, hiking trails
- Rubber boots up to size 12 (UK) / 14 (US – men)
RAFTING EXTENSION (if you choose this activity in 4 days tour)
- Internationally certified rafting guide, bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Quality equipment (paddles, helmets, life jackets, spray jackets)
- Transportation between starting /end point of the rafting and the Lodge with a vehicle
- Lunch (picnic), including water and soft drinks
- SPOT Satellite Messenger for emergencies
- Kayak for safety
- First aid kit
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Transport from/to Quito or from/to Baños (following prices are for one way tickets)
- Private transportation with stopover – about 2 hours – in Papallacta
- Private transportation without stopover
- Public bus, additionally the costs for the cab drive from Archidona to the Lodge
- Lunch on the day of arrival and day of departure in the Lodge
- All activities which are not mentioned or are optional
- Drinks and meals that are not mentioned
- Personal spending and tip
- Passport and copies
- Personal medications
- Sun hat
- Camera equipment (including memory card, cables and batteries)
- Fast drying clothes (Shirts and shorts; for the evenings and mornings you need light colored long-sleeved clothing)
- Lightweight raincoat
- Rubber boots (up to size 12 (UK) / 14 (US – men) are in the lodge available)
- Fitting socks for rubber boots
- Sturdy footgear
- Sandals / flip-flops / crocs
- Nature colored (green, brown, beige), light cloth
- Small towel and shirt to change
- Plastic bags to protect cameras, binoculars
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Binoculars for bird watching
- Loose change (in small shops it’s only possible to pay with up to 5 dollar bills)
*If you prefer a 3 days tour, the third will be deleted
Rafting is not included in 3 days tour