Galapagos Sea Star Journey
Our Galapagos Cruises combine contemporary design, privacy, and comfort all within the marvelous setting of the Galapagos Islands. The Galapagos Sea Star Journey has a capacity of up to 16 passengers, featuring seven spacious Galapagos Suites of about 270 sq. feet each (approx. 25 m) and one Sea Star Suite of about 375 sq. feet (approx. 35 m) equipped with panoramic windows to enjoy the wonderful landscapes of the islands. These come with a private bathroom, hot/cold water, air conditioning (with independent controls), a minibar and TV. Suites come configured with two twin beds or one double bed, and connected suites are available for families.
Local and International dishes – specially designed by our chef – are served in the cozy atmosphere of our dining room. The Sea Star yacht offers a large solarium with shaded and uncovered areas, two Jacuzzis and comfortable sun loungers. Social areas include a bar, mini-library, and video library as well as a play zone for kids (during family departures). Snorkeling equipment and kayaks are available too without any extra charge.
Galapagos Sea Star Journey complies with local and international safety regulations, and we implement sustainable practices throughout our journey to protect the fragile environment of the Galapagos.
See you in Galapagos!
- Class: Boutique Yacht (Superior first class)
- Capacity: 16 PassengersCabins: 8
- Length overall: 42 mBeam: 9 m
- Year of construction: 2011 in Guayaquil
- Hull: Monohull of marine steel
- Speed: 12 knots
- Ship registry: Guayaquil – Ecuador
- Deadweight: 450 tonsGross Tonnage: 480 tons
- Operated by: Latin TrailsFuel Capacity: 6.000 gallons
- Port Registry : GuayaquilMachinery (Engines): 2 Caterpillar 340 HP
- Generators: Perkins 114 cabe
- Watermaker: 2000 gallons per day, water storage capacity: 10000 gallons
- Communication System : Satellite phone
- Radar: 2 Zodiacs CARIBE C-16Radar: 1 Radar Furuno 38.4 Km, 1 Radar Furuno 57.6 Km
- Life Rafts: 2 Zodiacs for 10 and 25 people
- Radio: Several consoles HF-VHF-UHF, Nactex, Distrex and handheld units.
- Navigation Equipment: 1 Satellite compass, 2 magnetic Compasses, Tracking equipment.
- Security equipment: Smoke detectors, sprinklers throughout the vessel, automatic CO2 tank for kitchen and engine room